TRAVEL ADVICE FOR GAMBIA
Trip planning is essential to stress free holiday to Gambia. By doing your preparation prior to leaving for Gambia, you can easily minimise the prospects of anything really going wrong. A large number of holidaymakers all too often regret for not considering these basic pre travel measures ahead of making your way to Gambia.
Consider the most recent health services obtainable and travel health recommendation for Gambia using the table listed below. You can, additionally, have a tremendous collection of resources that will help you plan for a safe and stress-free travel to Gambia as well as a safe stay when you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Gambia
Travel insurance advice for Gambia
Travel advice for Gambia
Travel Health Advice For Gambia
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Gambia
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Gambia and travel vaccination immunisation for gambia are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Gambia.
The travel health information for Gambia provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Gambia for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Gambia Travel Insurance
- Make certain that you fully grasp precisely just what your holiday insurance covers as they are not unlimited. It may not cover you for cancellation or change to travel plans.
- Clarify any kind of insurance plan problems directly with the insurance provider.
- Ensure that insurance policy is suitable for possible costs in Gambia. Be sure you state any kind of pre-existing health conditions you might have.
- Largely, protection for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items which includes cameras, laptops and/or jewelry could have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Conventional exclusions are present on all holiday insurance coverages including acts of riots, self inflicted harm, loss/theft of unattended baggage and pre-existing health issues. Travel insurance policies can be invalidated where injuries are sustained under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Gambia
- Take a look at the current travel advice for Gambia from any of the following websites: UK travel advice for Gambia, US State Department travel warnings for Gambia or Canadian government travel advice for Gambia.
- Go for an appropriate travel insurance for Gambia to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any sort of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to Gambia.
- In advance of travelling to Gambia register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in Gambia, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Observe the Gambian law. Consular aid won't be able to bypass local Gambian regulations, even where local laws seem to be extreme or unfair by your country’s standards.
- Check to find out if you must have visas for Gambia or countries you are traveling to or transiting. Know that a Gambian visa doesn't necessarily guarantee entry into Gambia.
- Prepare copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Keep one copy in a different location to the originals and then leave a copy with a friend or relative at home.
- Determine with doctors for information regarding recommended vaccinations or other safeguards for Gambia and see about Gambia procedures on travelling with medicine.
- Leave behind a copy of your trip plans with a friend or relative at home and maintain regular communication with family and friends while in Gambia.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Gambia.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Gambia
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Gambia will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Gambian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Gambian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012